Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday February 27, 2005 Almost March

It's almost March.

March is the beginning of Spring. March is blustery, but can be sunny and warm. March is going to the park and flying kites. You may need to wear gloves, but it is so good to get out. The grass is just turning from brown to green and later in March the trees will bud. You smell the crisp cool air and it has a scent of left over soggy fall leaves, but also a beginning scent of newness.

I remember, as a young boy, flying kites with my dad. I remember, as a young man, flying kites with my daughters. I remember flying kites at the seashore. You launch the kite and you feel it tug on the string in its efforts to go with the wind.

I suppose that is my feeling about March - spring winds, outdoors, and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment