Sunday, January 09, 2005

January 9, 2005

There had been an argument and we went to bed in silence. Then, under the covers, your cold feet searched for and found my warm feet and I accepted. We embraced and all was right with the world once more. I stretched out to touch your feet again but they were gone. It had been a dream. I was awake and more alone that before. The memory of the dream lingered on.
Isn’t it strange what we dream? Past loves and events continue in our dreams although the details, places and timelines often get confused. In my dreams a marriage that ended long ago continues and former jobs and homes exist in a world of their own. I don’t mind. For the most part my dreams give me a feeling of continuity with my past, but they also touch my soul with lost hopes and aspirations.
The dream was sweet. I will savor it’s touch through the rest of the dark and lonely night.

No comments:

Post a Comment