Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday January 19, 2006 A matter of perspective

It's all a matter of perspective.

I just happen to be further up the road than most of you and I'm looking back down the road while you are looking up the road. I know many of the potholes, curves, detours and straightaways that you have yet to face and although the road is constantly changing, I would love to warn you of impending difficulties. I know that until you drive over the road yourself you can't truly appreciate some of the beauty and some of the horrors that you will witness, but if you will just take note of some of the warnings I will try to post for some of the more dangerous parts of the journey, you will have a safer trip.

The journey is what it's all about. You must enjoy the scenery you are passing through or you will miss the point of the journey. If you keep your eyes focused only on the road ahead, you will reach your ultimate destination, but you won't have enjoyed the trip at all.

When you approach the end of your trip, you can look back over your journey and see so well where you might have taken a needless side trip or avoided one of the hazards. There is no going back, there is just going forward, but, with a little advice, you can help others on their journey to enjoy and appreciate what they are about to encounter.

I've had a great trip so far and I'm eager to face the next leg of my journey. There is so much to learn and so much to see and so many to share with. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment