Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday March 1, 2009...Snow again

I guess Winter isn't over quite yet. Here in western Missouri, it's been a warm winter. Just this last week it got to 70 degrees. I saw people out in their tee shirts and shorts. It was just too nice. Yesterday it snowed about 4 inches and today it got down to 10 degrees. Later this week it's supposed to get back up in the 50s or 60s. It's hard to know just how to dress. I got out the snow blower yesterday, but couldn't get it started. It will probably start just fine once the weather turns nice. I really hadn't thought about shoveling snow again - thought maybe spring would come early. Oh well. At least Spring is just around the corner and daylight savings starts next week - whoopee!

Looking back over previous years notes, I see that I was so angry about the stupid war in Iraq. Now we find it must wind down over the next 18 months, but at least the end is in sight. I hope we don't have to maintain any kind of large force over there after we officially turn it over to the Iraqis. Now it sounds like Afghanistan is going to get the attention it should have been done with years ago. I know we need to get rid of the Al-Qaida, but I sure hate to waste any more lives than necessary in doing so. Think about Afghanistan - Russia tried to conquer that area and failed. What are our chances of taming the beast? I guess time will tell.

It's enough to just forget about the economy and the wars and just think about spring for right now. Except for the stupid snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment