Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday March 22, 2009...Runza weekend

It's been a Runza weekend.

I'm not sure if you know what a Runza is.

It is a sweet yeast dough bread pocket with a filling. I usually make a Kraut Runza which has steamed cabbage, onion and hamburger as a filling, along with worcestershire sauce and mustard. The Runzas are usually fried in vegetable oil and are very tasty. This weekend, I made a whole bunch of dough and made some Kraut Runzas and then decided that I would try some new things. The next thing I knew, I was making hot dog Runzas and then ham and cheese Runzas and runza dough donuts and runza dough cinnamon rolls. I went through the first batch of Runza dough and had to make another batch. Now I have to make more Kraut Runzas. My daughter suggested italian meatball runzas and hamburger/onion/pickle runzas. I guess there is no end to the list of Runzas that you can think of. Maybe a pepperoni and cheese Runza?

Anybody want a Runza?

No comments:

Post a Comment