Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday March 31, 2009...Watch out for the worm

What's the matter with me?

I sit up and notice that days and days have gone by since last I posted my thoughts. It isn't that I've been devoid of thoughts - maybe it's just that I'm thoughtless?
Anyway, I know that all of you out there are just hanging on by a thread, waiting for my next thrilling installment of the adventures of Bob. Maybe "hanging on" isn't the proper thought - maybe barely surviving or patiently waiting, or hadn't even noticed?

In any event the days slip by faster now than they used to and I have been busy revising the video show I'm preparing for my high school reunion. I've had to overhaul it several times so that it would accept additional photos and let me install a menu, etc. Now that I have it ready to finalize they tell me that there is a WORM out there ready to destroy all the computers in the world, so I have to back up all data to sources that can't be corrupted.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's really been great having younger members of the family around to help handle the heavy loads and such. By sharing the chores, it makes life easier for all of us. It's been a real pleasure sharing our home. The only thing I have to watch out for is to avoid being the parent. I'm the grand parent and don't have the responsibility for my grandson. It's my job to help spoil him whenever I get the chance and to leave all the upbringing to his parents. Sometimes it's hard to swallow your tongue and keep silent as they choose different methods than you might choose - but that is their right and responsibility. All those years of wisdom that you've accumulated aren't always appreciated, so you have to keep quiet and let people find their own way. I imagine my folks did much the same as I was stumbling my way through parenthood. Such is life. Other than that, I highly recommend the melding of generations withing one household. We can all learn and share with each other and make life much smoother.

Remember tomorrow is my day! I suppose I've always been an April Fool and probably always will be. Believe me when I say it's okay to be foolish every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment