Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday April 12, 2006 A Discouraged Voter.

A discouraged voter.

I'm not sure where to turn. I'm thouroughly upset with the Republican congress and president running the country for the benefit of their own special interests and not really paying attention to the ordinary citizen. But, I don't see the Democrats offering any alternatives. Each of the parties are good at pointing fingers and blame at each other but poor at offering viable alternatives. I get the strong feeling that I'm being offered the special interests left hand for one party and their right hand for the other party. We seem to have the best political parties that money can buy. With all the wheeling and dealing going on and the continuing overpowering debt and the continuing war and the continuing loss of good jobs overseas, the average american citizen seems to have been left out of the formula. I watch Lou Dobbs to get an idea of what's going on behind the scenes but I don't see anyone to turn to. We get a lot of sound bites and a lot of phrases that sound like something good is going to happen, but it turns out that noone is watching the store and it's all for show. It sounds like we are spending our future right now and later it will be every man for himself. While the rich are getting richer, they are also transferring many of their assests overseas. It appears that the really wealthy are abandoning this country for China and India where there is really cheap labor and not so many protections for the workers. It feels like every last dollar has been wrung out of our society and now they are looking elsewhere. If that is really true, our immediate future could look really bleak.

Tell me it isn't so. Give me some hope. Show me the candidates that really care and who have at least some answers.

1 comment:

  1. Jon Stewart for President...
    at least he reads & thinks for himself

    ReplyDelete