Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday June 8, 2005 Simple observations

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the details that we forget to step back and look at the greater picture. It's like driving to work without looking around and seeing the natural beauty that we're passing through. You don't see the forest for the trees. It's been that way for me through the winter. I wanted so much to just get through the cold and grey days and get to the warmth and gentle breezes and green of spring that I let months go by without really seeing what surrounded me every day. I wished away a portion of my life and I'll never get those days back. Life is so short and passes by so quickly that you can lose days, months, years and even decades while you are focusing on the details. I know, for I have done exactly that. There have been times in my life when I lived for the moment and thoroughly enjoyed each and every day and those memories are sweet, but there have been years where I just existed and let life pass me by unnoticed. You can't unspill the milk. You just have to attempt to not let those mistakes repeat. Before you know it, you reach the end of the line and if you didn't notice what you passed through, it's your own fault.

1 comment:

  1. and yet I'd bet you can remember phone calls to your kids & conversations with your dad or siblings that happened in those winter months................it really wasn't time wished away when you have those memories

    ReplyDelete