Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wednesday September 7, 2005 And the beat goes on.

Let me investigate myself and see if I did anything wrong.

Nope! I did the best I could and if that's not good enough, then too bad. Besides, I can't think of any mistakes I've made over the past 4 years.

But, maybe someone else around me made a mistake. Yeah, that's it! Someone else made a mistake without me knowing about it. We'll just have to look around and find out who is really guilty. It sure couldn't be me. After all, the buck stops somewhere else. I just tell my people to handle it, handle it. That leaves me time to do what's important to me. I don't have time for the details or for the little people. I handle the BIG problems and work with the IMPORTANT people.

Trust me, would I lie to you?

Maybe I can line up a few more photo ops and make the little people feel better. Where is my flight suit? Give me a bull horn!

Durn, this will set back my overhaul of taxes and social security. It will be hard to give all those tax breaks to my friends when we have to spend money to help these Katrina victims. What do you mean when you say we have to INCREASE medicaid to help the refugees? I just got through getting that cut!

Let's see how we can put a spin on this to make us look better. We need to get our poll numbers up to help keep control. Maybe I could go down and have my secret service agents help pull people to safety while I hand them a towel. No, too much chance of getting shot by those angry young men. I sure wish mom hadn't said how the astrodome was a step up for some of the people. That makes us look out of touch with the little people. Maybe I could get out the chain saw and help cut some of the downed trees – yeah, that would be a great photo op. The people could see how hard I was working with my sleeves rolled up and everything. Let's see Hillary top that!

And the beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment