Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday April 23, 2009...Wishing life away

How often have we wished?

I wish Christmas would get here.
I wish that we didn't have to go back to school.
I wish that I didn't have to go to school today.
I wish that summer would never end.
I wish that I was old enough to drive.
I wish that I was old enough to date.
I wish that I was old enough to stay out late.
I wish that I was old enough to go to the bars.
I wish I was 16.
I wish I was 18.
I wish I was 21.
I wish I could do that.
I wish this workday was over.
I wish it was the weekend.
I wish I could retire early.
I wish I had done that.
I wish I hadn't done that.
I wish I had my health back.
I wish I was a little kid again.
I wish I had it to do all over again.

We wish our lives were different, but we don't take the steps to change it.

We ignore the days of our youth and health and wish for a brighter future while we let the years pass without notice. We let the days pass, because we consider them dull and repetitive and set our sights on the future days that may be brighter and different.

Each day can be exciting. Each day can be a new adventure. Each day we can learn something new. We just need to focus on the moment we are right now living and find the joy and excitement and adventure that can be found right there in front of us. Until we grasp the concept that this moment in time, right now, is all we have control of, we will continue to slide through our lives without living the moment - and we will end up looking back wishing that we had it to do all over again.

Enjoy now.
Learn.
Find the beauty.
Find the joy.
Build the memory.
Live your life.

Don't wish it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment