Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday November 21, 2007....Thanks!

I think maybe I'm one of those lucky ones.

While considering the many things I have to be thankful for, I realized how fortunate I have been my whole life. First I was born here in the USA with the freedom to make my choices in life, to go where I wanted to go and be what I wanted to be. Secondly, I was blessed with a wonderful family – parents who cared and shared, sisters and brother who support and love, children who respect and love. I've been surrounded by their love and protection my whole life. Thirdly, I became a young man when there was no conflict to participate in. My father was fortunate this way as well as my grandfather – we were too young for the previous war and too old for the upcoming war – a fluke of nature and timing. Fourth, my friends have all been good people and have not taken me off the path of life into crime or destitution – we were lucky to avoid those types of events. Last, I was lucky enough to have the health and intelligence to be able to do just about anything I wanted to attempt throughout my whole life. There have been few restrictions that have been set upon me during my life.

I don't know why I have been so lucky, but I really appreciate the fact. Each and every day of my life is a new day to explore and enjoy and learn.

It's definitely a day of thanksgiving for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment