Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday May 2, 2014...It's been a while

It's been a while since I last posted.  The world is pretty much the same - still in a mess and still not figuring out how to fix it.  But, here at home, it's been a different situation.  I was in the hospital in December and again in January.  The first and second time in my life I've had to stay more that overnight.  My kidneys have decided that they have had enough and they are now pretty much retired.  The rest of me wants to keep on going, so I have been going to dialysis (a mechanical process of filtering my blood) 3 days a week for 4 hours at a time.  That leaves me pretty exhausted, so my life has been up and down every other day while I am tethered to the dialysis center.  In about 2 more weeks I will start a different method of dialysis, where I can do it myself, at home, without machines, on a daily basis - a little at a time.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Maybe then my ups and downs will settle into a maintenance level and I will be able to post more often.

Meanwhile, be sure to check out the recipes at http://bobsrecipes.blogspot.com/
I've added some stars to the best ones and I'll try to add some more favorite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment