Friday, June 14, 2013

Freiday June 14, 2013...The powers that be

TODAY'S GLOBAL POWER OLIGARCHY

This world belongs to all of us.

But I claim this field as mine.
I'll live in the castle and you all work and live in the fields.
You bring all your produce to me and I'll give each of you a basket of vegetables for your efforts.
As I build up wealth, I will build factories and your children can work in them for me.
With the increased wealth that I will amass with your labor, I can acquire more fields and more factories.
You can be thankful to me for providing you with a livelihood, as long as you can keep producing for me. Once you can no longer be a productive member of my organization, you are no longer welcome.

My children will start off with the accumulated wealth that I leave to them and they will be able to amass even greater wealth. That will leave the rest you with less, but that's your worry, not mine.

Eventually this system will result in a completely top-heavy society with all the wealth owned by only a few super rich and powerful people and the rest of us.

In 2006, a UN report revealed that the world’s richest 1% own 40% of the world’s wealth, and the world’s richest 10% accounted for roughly 85% of the planet's total assets, while the bottom half of the population – more than 3 billion people – owned less than 1% of the world’s wealth.

It's gotten out of hand already and getting worse each year.
Something needs to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment