Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday January 9, 2009...Family again

I am a family once again.

For several years now I have been solo in this big house. Ever since my father died, I have been enjoying the single life here, but have missed the personal interaction of having someone else around to converse with and share the duties and joy of living together.

Now my daughter, her husband and my grandson have moved in to share this house and make it a family home. It won't be so deathly quiet any longer, but it will be filled with joy and conversation. They were living out in the country in central Wyoming – a windy, sandy, cold and fairly lonely area of the country. Limited resources up there to share and few people to interact with. A dearth of available jobs, medical facilities, schooling opportunities, etc were a challenge to overcome there in Wyoming. I believe that the opposite is here in Missouri. We have our share of weather, but not the extremes of Wyoming. We definitely have more opportunity for jobs, medical and education. And here we have other members of our family to share time with.

We have a period of adjustment to go through, but as a family we will work it all out. Right now, they are going through a time of discovery. This is an area where I grew up, so I know and accept where everything is. They have to discover all that is available and how to get from here to there. It will take time, but it will be a fun learning experience.

This house now feels more and more like the home it was always destined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment