Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday May 25, 2007 Give up, yet?

I give up.

I thought that the voters had given a mandate to congress last fall. It was clear to me that the majority of the people in this country wanted this war to end – and the sooner, the better. When George got stubborn and vetoed the money to support the troops and draw an end to the conflict, I thought that our newly elected officials could get stubborn as well and push right back. I was wrong. The new congress knuckled over to George's demands, just like the old one. They didn't have the gumption to stand up to George and say NO!.

I don't know what else we the people can say or do other than vote our thoughts and send our letters and emails and protest when our officials don't do what we elected them to do.

My representative, Mr. Cleaver, did right – he voted against funding. But my senator, Ms. McCaskill, voted for the funding. You win very few and you lose a lot.

I guess stubborness and bull-headedness win out over intelligence and fortitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment